School will be open for all children tomorrow (Thursday 21st September) as normal.
Many thanks to the infant parents today for your support in collecting your children and your understanding. We apologise for any inconvenience we caused you.
We had to evacuate the building as there was a small amount of smoke in an area of the school coming from an electric cupboard in the infants. It was identified immediately and the alarm sounded and electric turned off. It was obviously unsafe for us to return to the building until the problem has been dealt with by professionals.
We have engineers currently working on the problem and they have said we will either have mains electric or have a generator giving us electric tomorrow.
The smoke was only a very small amount and there has been no damage or smell to any of the children's items or school resources.