“The more you know about the past, the better prepared you are for the future.” – Theodore Roosevelt
At Berkeley Primary School we follow the National Curriculum. All units of work have been carefully selected and adapted to suit the needs of our children in their locality.
Our aim for History is for all children to:
- know and understand the history of Britain as a coherent, chronological narrative, from the earliest times to the present day
- know and understand significant aspects of the history of the wider world
- gain and deploy a historically grounded understanding of abstract historical terms
- understand historical concepts
- understand the methods of historical enquiry
- gain historical perspective by placing their growing knowledge into different contexts, understanding the connections between local, regional, national and international history
Please click on the links below to find out more about History at Berkeley Primary School.