Dear Parent and Carers,
Thank you for bearing with us whilst we finalise our plans for the end of this year and for the new academic year in September 2021. Apologies that it is such a long email but there is a lot to sort out. We are looking forward to getting back to a new normal again in September.
- Unfortunately, due to bubble closures and staff being off because their own children are having to isolate we have had to cancel the push-up morning we had planned on the 14th July 2021. We are aiming that all teacher and TAs will be meeting their new children at some point.
- We are doing the ‘Meet your teacher’ slides that will go on the school website again, like we did last year. Children said how much they’d liked looking at these. I’ll let you know when they’re on.
- Mr Dalgleish has been busy making videos again showing you where each child is to go in a morning – again they’ll be put on the school website. I know parents found these very useful last year.
- Reception and Year 2 children are being made familiar with their new building currently.
- Those children that need a bit of extra support preparing for September are getting it.
- Over the summer holidays the juniors will still be decorated and re-carpeted.
- The cleaners will be doing their normal deep clean.
- All children will bring their school books home before we break up. Please send in a named carrier bag for them to put them in.
School start and finishing times and procedures
- Staggered starts and finishing times will end as we break up in July.
- All children will start school at 9.00am and should be sat down ready to work at this time.
- The gates will be opened at 8.45am for children to through to their classroom, going straight in at this time.
- We will use these routes (videos will be on website shortly showing children which way to go);
- Reception round side of infant building, going past the main infant doors.
- Nursery, Y1 & 2 through Mickey Mouse Gates onto infant playground and through to their classroom.
- Y3 Oak and Holly, Y4 Holly, Y5 Holly and Beech through gate to the left of the main junior door.
- Y3 Beech, Y4 Oak and Beech, Y5 Oak and all Y6 through the gate to the right of the main junior door.
- No junior children parents to go through those gates. They should drop off and collect children from the front of the junior building.
- Infant parents should drop off outside the classroom door, not entering the school building.
- Registers will be taken between 8.45am and 9.05am, closing it at 9.05am.
- All children will finish at 3.15pm and should leave the school premises swiftly.
- Bikes and scooters must not be ridden on the school premises.
- The car park gates will be locked between 8.40-9.15 and 3.00-3.15.
- This will go back to normal, open for Reception to Year 6 children from 7.45-8.45am, they will be taken to their classrooms at 8.45am.
- We will go back to using the hall for all children in Reception to Year 6, having a full school menu again. The menu will be sent out before we break up.
- Nursery children will eat their lunch in their building – we will be offering a grab bag option as a school lunch or bring their own sandwiches so this can be eaten picnic style.
- All Reception and Year 1 children must have a school dinner (paid for by the Government - Universal Infant Free School Meal). Next year all Reception, Year 1 and 2 children must have a school meal.
- We will go back to normal having 2 PE sessions a week – one indoors and one outdoors.
- Y1-6 can come in school PE kit on their PE days but this kit MUST be the school PE kit colours. No crop tops, football shirts, etc. Children can come in normal uniform and change if they or parents would prefer.
- PE kit photos and requirements are on the school website on the Useful Information - School Uniform page. PE kit is:
- a white, full length T-shirt
- navy blue jogging bottoms
- navy blue shorts and trainers
- royal blue school jumper, hoody or cardigan
Uniform and Hair
- You are able to purchase this at www.myclothing.com
- An updated price list is on the school website.
- Children’s hair should continue to tied up.
- We are hoping to start these back up in September.
- This will be open as normal again, but we do ask that parents try and be as organised as possible to help them be able to get on with their work.
If you have any further queries, please contact school and ask.